Hurricane season is upon us, and it’s important to make sure your home is prepared for the worst weather that this hurricane season has in store for us. Whether you live in a coastal Florida or further inland, it’s always a good idea to get prepared for the potential impact of a hurricane. Here’s a checklist to help you get started:
- Create an emergency plan: Make sure your family knows what to do if and when a storm comes our way, create evacuation routes and where to meet up in case you and the rest of your family get separated.
- Stock up on hurricane supplies: Keep a supply of non-perishable food, water, and other essentials on hand in case you are ordered to shelter in place by government officials.
- Check your home insurance: Make sure you have adequate insurance coverage for your home and personal belongings in the storm damages your home. Remember, in Florida, its essential to have flood insurance, especially if you live in a coastal area.
- Trim trees and clear your gutters of debris : High winds from the hurricane can cause trees and branches to fall, so make sure to trim any trees near your home and clean out your gutters to prevent water damage to your roof.
- Secure outdoor furniture and items: Bring in any outdoor furniture, grills, or other items that could be picked up by the storm and tossed around in high winds. This can protect your home, as well as your neighbors property.
- Make sure your home is protected: Invest in hurricane shutters or impact-resistant windows to protect your home.
- Monitor weather updates: Keep an eye on weather reports to stay informed about any potential storms in your area. You can use The Weather Channel as it typically has the most accurate forecasting for hurricanes.
It’s important to note that it is always better to order hurricane shutters and impact-resistant windows well before the start of the hurricane season. It is very difficult to get hurricane protection in time during hurricane season, and close to impossible to get protection while your area is under a storm watch or warning. With the chance for severe weather events to increase in frequency and intensity due to climate change, it is more important than ever to make sure your home is prepared for a hurricane.
In conclusion, preparing your home for hurricane season is critical for every Floridian to consider to ensure the safety of their families and properties. By following this checklist, you can reduce the risk of damage and make sure you’re ready for whatever Mother Nature throws our way.
Don’t wait until the last minute to order hurricane shutters and impact-resistant windows, and make sure your family has an emergency plan in place. Act now and protect your home from potential damages.
Ordering hurricane shutters and impact-resistant windows well in advance is crucial. The process of ordering and receiving protection can take up to 3 months. If you wait until a storm is approaching, it may be too late as most companies will not install protection while a storm watch is underway. It is always better to be proactive and order protection well before the start of hurricane season to ensure that you have peace of mind when a storm hits.
Our reputation as a leading provider of hurricane shutters and impact-resistant windows evident by our 4.6-star rating with over 400 5 star reviews on Google Reviews, lifetime warranty availability, over 25,000 happy customers, and a track record of securing over 450,000 windows. Consider doing business with us if you ever need hurricane protection.
Why Choose Assured Storm Protection?
Trusted Hurricane Service Provider for over 30 years
All prices are subject to change without notice.
This article is not kept up to date with current pricing.
Please contact us for the most up-to-date pricing.